Protein is one of the essential nutrients that you should include in your diet. To support the growth of lean muscle, increase metabolism and control appetite and weight, filling snack meals in your diet with protein-rich snack is the right step.
High Protein Snack Options
Ideally, eat a snack that contains at least 15 grams of protein. Select the source of complete protein with amino acids to supply the nine essential amino acids can not be made by your own body.
Here are some suggestions for the selection of high protein snack that is not only delicious but also full of nutrition:
- Eggs: 5 grains boiled egg whites plus a little salt and pepper, to taste delicious menu will supply your body with 17 grams of complete protein and only 85 calories.
- Shrimp: about 85 grams of boiled shrimp gives you nearly 18 grams of protein and only 84 calories.
- Tuna or salmon: By consuming 70 grams of tuna, you'll get 16 grams of protein and 70 calories. While in about 142 grams of salmon gives you nearly 35 grams of protein.
- Yogurt: nonfat yogurt will give you 20 grams of protein per cup. Choose unsweetened yogurt and add your own favorite fruit or a teaspoon of honey.
- Peanuts and peanut butter: With consume 1 serving (about 28 grams) of peanuts or peanut butter is pure, each of which will supply your body with 7-8 grams of protein and healthy fats. However, you should not consume to excess, because the content is quite high in fat and calories.
High protein snacks on the menu is a practical choice, delicious and of course will give you a very important supply of protein to support your diet program. So, begin to enter the high protein snack menu in your diet plan now.